Date(s) - 10/10/2020
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Park Ridge municipal pool
123 Colony Ave , Park Ridge
, , United States
Categories No Categories
In April, the community worked hard for a “Tankque to the Frontline” BBQ event that fed over 1500 frontline workers. Well, we’re doing it again on Saturday, Oct 10! And we need you!
The Steve Rich Group and Guardian Data Destruction are looking to residents, restaurants, businesses and chefs to pitch in for the landmark Taco Fest that culminates a month-long food drive benefiting the Tri-Boro Food Pantry.
What can you do?
- Restaurants and professional chefs — create side dishes from donated foods. We have reached out to local restaurants and chefs to create specials using the products we have. Join Chris Deletto of Jack’s Café and Marc Moschella of Marc’s Deli and Pizza who have committed to this delicious and wide-spread event.
- Volunteers — cook and assemble tacos for pick up or deliver taco dinners to local hospitals and first responders
- Corporate sponsors who can contribute food and services to the Taco Fest. And, the food drive!
- Donate money to cover any expenses to gofundme.com/f/drive-for-the-triboro-food-pantry or checks/money payable to Steve Rich & Associates, 222 Delawanna Ave., Clifton, NJ 07014. Note in the memo: “Tri-boro food drive” or venmo @Steve-Rich-19
To volunteer or donate, contact Steve Rich at email@example.com.
About the food drive
As COVID continues to impact our community and jobs, this food drive will supplement those in need. Non-perishable food donations can be dropped off from 9am until 6pm on Saturday, October 10th at the Taco Fest location.
The food Tri-Boro Food Bank (also known as the Pascack Valley Food Bank), serves beyond the Bergen county borders. Janelle Larghi, volunteer pantry manager, explains that the food pantry does not have boundaries, “They help families from all of Bergen, Passaic and Rockland counties in the past and certainly will keep that going with this drive and taco event.”
About Taco Fest
To push for a final food drive and create a community event that highlights and feeds our frontline workers, the Taco Fest on Saturday, October 10th is open to anyone who wants to pick up tacos while making a donation to the food bank.
- All police, fire, ambulance, first responders and unsung heroes can safely drive through and pick up a taco dinner
- All remaining cooked meals will be donated to the food bank.
Taco Fest will be held at the Park Ridge municipal pool on Colony Ave. Taco pickup will be available from 12pm to 6 pm. Food pantry donations will be accepted from 9am to 6pm.
Thanks to our sponsors (we need more)
Goya Foods jump started the food drive donation and Taco Fest sponsorship with a generous donation through their Goya Gives foundation. They’ve committed a donation of 12 pallets of food to the food bank and several more pallets of condiments, sauces and tortillas for the Taco Fest itself.
Charlie Barthel of Chase Transport will have a truck onsite to accept non-perishable food donations from 9am to 6pm for the pantry. All donations will be sprayed with a disinfectant prior to going into the truck.
Chris Deletto of Jack’s Café is working with local restaurants and chefs to cook up side dishes to complement the tacos.
Steve Rich Associates’ Tankque (https://tankque.com/), mobile BBQ machine, will be cooking nearly 1,000 pounds of pork shoulder and chicken.
B&M Meat Market has donated 400 lbs of pork shoulder and 500 lbs of chicken to create authentic street tacos.
We need more event sponsors and corporate donations to make this event a fun community celebration of our hometown heroes and makes a huge impact for those in need.
We will follow all COVID-19 precautions with volunteers practicing social distancing, wearing masks and gloves. We have also secured sanitizers and wash stations for hands, etc. Pat and Kara Hunt of Citywide Property Maintenance (Westwood, NJ), will have their electro-static disinfection sprayer and will be sanitizing through the event and will disinfect any first responder vehicles onsite.
For more information or to contribute to the food drive or Taco Fest, contact Steve Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org.